DO YOU ACCEPT MY INSURANCE?
- We do not bill insurance for any services provided by our physicians. Our fee covers all care provided by the Revolutionary Health Services team. Services outside our office go through your insurance as usual. The only type of insurance that is not compatible with our practice is an HMO. This type of insurance requires referrals for services by HMO-contracted physicians.
While we do not bill insurance for our services, we recommend that our members maintain insurance for hospitalization, specialist services and emergencies. Talk with your insurance broker or benefits department for information about affordable plans that complement our all-inclusive preventive care model.
WHAT ABOUT LABS, X-RAYS, PHYSICAL THERAPY, SPECIALISTS, ETC.?
- Our fee covers all care provided by the Revolutionary Health Services team. Services outside our office go through your insurance as usual. We write the prescription and they submit the bill. For labs, we draw the blood in our office for your convenience as part of your fee. The lab bills your insurance for processing.
ARE THERE ANY ADDITIONAL EXPENSES/CHARGES?
- Our membership fees cover all of our office services. You will never have to pay visit fees, co-pays or deductibles at our office. We do offer several specialized tests that are optional and not recommended for every patient. As these assessments are provided by outside companies, they are not included in our membership fees. These specialized assessments include: CIMT ultrasound, MyPerio Path saliva testing, and home sleep apnea testing. Also, we offer immunizations at cost and give you a receipt, or we give you a prescription to have them done at a local facility like CVS.
CAN I REALLY CONTACT THE DOCTOR 24/7?
- Yes. Our doctors are available outside of office hours by phone, email, and text.
IS IT DIFFICULT TO GET AN APPOINTMENT?
- Not at all! By limiting our physicians to no more than 300 patients, we can provide quick appointment turnaround. We offer same day or next business day appointments for sick visits. Annual Wellness Evaluations are typically held in the patient’s birth month.
I TRAVEL A LOT. CAN YOU HELP ME WHEN I'M OUT OF TOWN?
- Absolutely. Many of our patients travel, some for months at a time. When problems arise, your RHS team is just a phone call away! We can triage problems by phone, offer advice, and sometimes initiate treatment. If hands on care is needed, we can suggest the best resource.
I DON'T LIKE TAKING MEDICATION. CAN I JUST TAKE SUPPLEMENTS AND PRACTICE HEALTHY LIFESTYLES?
- We do our best to eliminate unnecessary medications and prevent the need for medications. However, once damage is done there is sometimes no turning back. For, instance, if you have a vulnerable arterial plaque, you can significantly reduce your risk of having a heart attack or stroke by taking medication. Whenever we make a recommendation for medication, we will offer a thorough explanation of why. Ultimately, you determine what you are willing to take. We are your trusted advisors.
I HAVE A COMPLICATED MEDICAL HISTORY. WILL YOU HAVE TIME TO COVER ALL MY NEEDS?
- All our visits are scheduled for at least 30 minutes to give you the time you need. You will never feel rushed or leave with unanswered concerns. Our physicians are dedicated to a small patient panel of only 300 members. This allows us to really get to know you, the individual patient. In contrast, traditional practices assign approximately 2500 patients per physician, and other concierge practices accommodate up to 600 patients per doctor.
WILL YOU WORK WITH MY CHIROPRACTOR, ACUPUNTURIST AND OTHER HEALTH PROFESSIONALS?
- Absolutely. Our integrated medical model needs to work with, and offer the services of, all needed health professions to help our patient achieve optimal health, not just react to disease.
I SEE MULTIPLE DOCTORS. I DON'T THINK THEY COMMUNICATE WITH EACH OTHER AND WORRY ABOUT MISTAKES.
- This is a common concern and problem in today’s medical world. We act as your healthcare quarterback to ensure coordinated care and communication.
DO I STILL NEED TO SEE ALL OF MY SPECIALISTS?
- We will never sever the relationship between a doctor and their patient. However, our broken system promotes ongoing care in a specialist office when care in the primary care office is completely appropriate. At your initial visit we can look at your situation to see if we can reduce the visits to, or even eliminate, some specialty care if it is your desire and is appropriate.
IT TAKES SO LONG TO GET IN TO SEE SOME SPECIALISTS. CAN YOU HELP ME GET PRIORITY VISITS?
- We will help you be seen in a reasonable timeframe. If you are not successful, we will call to explain the situation which usually helps expedite the appointment. If the first specialist is unable to accommodate, we will suggest a reasonable alternative. We don’t offer to “pull strings”. We would lose integrity with our specialist colleagues and affect our ability to help you get timely appointments.
MY DOCTOR WORKS FOR A HOSPITAL. I SOMETIMES WONDER IF A REFERRAL SUGGESTED IS THE BEST FOR MY NEEDS OR SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY ARE BEING PRESSURED TO REFER WITHIN THEIR SYSTEM. I WANT THE BEST.
- Hospital ownership of practices is on the rise and does create a bias in referral patterns of physicians employed by a hospital system. Their hospital may offer you good care, but it may not be the best for your needs. We are fortunate to have very good local community hospitals, but there are also outstanding tertiary care hospitals in Philadelphia, New York, and elsewhere that may be better for complicated or unusual medical conditions.
THE UNITED STATES HEALTHCARE SYSTEM HAS GOTTEN VERY COMPLICATED AND CONFUSING. I WORRY ABOUT GETTING TALKED INTO UNNECESSARY CARE OR NOT GETTING NEEDED CARE.
- Both of these concerns are real. Patients are instructed to, “take control of your health”, not because you are the best one to do so, but because you are the only one who will. We function as your advocate through the system, and the quarterback of your healthcare team.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I NEED TO BE ADMITTED TO THE HOSPITAL?
- Our patients are served by several very good hospitals. We are involved as your advocate during all hospitalizations to ensure that specialists are communicating, logistical problems are being addressed and most importantly that you and your family are being informed about what is happening during this very stressful time. Although we may not be there in person every day, your doctor will be your quarterback- available by phone and, depending on the situation, may visit during the hospitalization to make sure everything is going smoothly. We have very good relationships established with the hospitalists at each facility. The hospitalist is actually a medical specialty since inpatient care has become so complicated and needs must be addressed so quickly.